Oladi (Thick Pancakes w/Kefir)
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Plain unsweetened Kefir
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 ½ cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Sunflower Oil
- Whisk in the egg and sugar in a deep bowl until the volume triples.
- Pour in the kefir, stirring regularly.
- Sift and fold in all purpose flour and baking soda.
- Batter should not be too thick; it should be pour-able.
- Set the skillet over medium heat and add 2 tbsps of oil. Ladle a tbsp of batter.
- When the pancakes turn light brown color, flip them and cook the other side.
- Repeat with rest of the batter.
- Serve with topping/syrups of your choice.
Note: If you don’t find Kefir, you can substitute it with unsweetened buttermilk.