Oladi with Apples (Russian Buttermilk Pancakes)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups Warm water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsps Sugar
- ½ tbsp active dry yeast
- 3 ¾ cups Flour
- 1 – 1 ½ cups Apples, finely chopped
- Cooking oil
- Whisk buttermilk, water, eggs, salt, sugar and yeast.
- Add in the flour, whisking regularly so that lumps don’t form.
- Mix in the finely chopped apples.
- Leave the batter in warm place for an hour or until the volume doubles.
- Set skillet over medium heat and heat 3-4 tbsp of oil.
- Pour a tbsp of batter. Flip and cook until both sides turn golden brown.
- Continue with the rest of batter.