Coulibiac (Russian Fish Pie)
- 250 gm Rice, cooked
- 2 fillets Trout, skinless
- 2 Spring Onions finely sliced
- 3 Eggs, 2 hardboiled and chopped and 1 beaten for glazing
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp Dill, chopped
- 500 gm Puff Pastry, block
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Place trout on a plate and cover it with clingfilm; microwave it for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, flake the microwaved trout. Mix in the rice, onion, hardboiled egg, dill, lemon zest and juice.
- Season the mixture with salt & pepper.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the pastry to ½ cm thickness on a floured surface and divide it into 2.
- Butter the baking tray, place 1 piece of pastry over it; pour all the trout mix and spread into it.
- Wet the pastry at the border, around the filling with water and place the other piece of pastry over it. Press down around the filling and trim the edges (you can use fork to create design).
- Brush with beaten egg for glaze, cut few slits on top and bake for half an hour.