Blini (Russian Pancakes)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 cup Milk, warm
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 Egg, separated
- Toppings of choice
- Mix flours, salt and yeast in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour in milk, mixing until smooth. Cover and let it rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Stir in the melted butter and egg yolk. Whisk egg white in a separate bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter; cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop quarter-size dollops of dough into pan without crowding. Cook for about a minute or until bubbles form and break. Turn and cook for about half minute.
- Take out, cover and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with toppings of choice.