- 1 ½ lb Beef tenderloin, sliced into 3″ long
- 1 small yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced into matchsticks size
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- To taste Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Canola Oil for frying
- Set the saucepan over the medium heat and melt 2 tbsp butter. Add flour and dry mustard, keep stirring for couple minutes.
- Gradually add stock, whisking constantly and bring to a boil; cook for couple minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Set skillet over medium heat and add the remaining butter. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Increase heat to high, add meat and cook until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add pre-made sauce, season with salt & pepper and cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in deep saucepan and fry the potatoes until golden and crisp. Place them on paper towels; season with salt while still warm.
- Spoon the stroganoff onto a serving platter with the deep-fried potatoes on top.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.