Mutabbal (Eggplant Dip)
- 1 large Eggplant (about 750-850 gms)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Tahini
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Place the eggplant on top of stove or pre-heated (450°C) oven for roasting. Roast the eggplant until the skin is charred and the pulp is tender, 15 minutes. Let it cool.
- Peel, trim the stem off and seed the eggplant; roughly chop the pulp and transfer it into the processor.
- Add in the Tahini, garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper; add little water (few tbsp) and process the mixture to blend.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Transfer it into serving bowl/plate, drizzle olive oil over it.
Garnish and serve.