Moroccan Chicken Casserole
- 8 chicken thighs (skinless)
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 400gms tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- ½ Lemon, cut into thin rounds (pips removed)
- Fresh Coriander, chopped
- Prepare the marinade by crushing garlic, paprika, turmeric, cumin and some seasoning in a pestle and mortar. Marinate the chicken thighs with the marinade; cover and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat the oil and cook the onions until they are soft.
- Add the marinated chicken thighs with all the marinade and lemon slices; fry until brown.
- Stir in the cornflour, mix well and add enough water to come halfway up the chicken. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lentils and most of the coriander and heat through.
- Check the seasonings and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with remaining coriander and serve with rice.