Sayadieh (Fish & Rice)
- 1 lb White Fish fillets
- 2 large Onions, sliced
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 5 cups hot water
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- As required Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Set the deep pan over the low heat and add oil; stir fry the onions for 20 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander, cinnamon, salt, pepper and hot water. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basmati rice, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of fish fillers with salt & pepper.
- In skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Add fish fillets and cook both sides for 3 minutes each; remove fish from the pan.
- Take the cover off from the rice, fluff the rice and add the fish over the rice. Cover and cook for few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for few minutes before serving.