Falafel (Chickpea Balls/Patties)
- 250 gm Chickpeas, cooked
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder (Optional)
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2-3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- As required Cooking oil
- Mash the chickpeas in a bowl; add in all the ingredients and mix well.
- Take a chunk of mixture and form ball or patty. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Deep fry the falafel in hot oil. Turn and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Put the falafel on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve warm falafel with preferred dip and some greens.