- ½ cup Bulgur wheat
- ½ lb ground beef or lamb
- ½ Onion, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 ltr Cooking oil (for frying)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 125 gm ground beef or lamb
- 2 tbsp Pine nuts, lightly toasted
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 4 tbsp Tahini
- 4 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- Rinse the Bulgur 2-3 times; add ½ cup of hot water. Cover and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the pan and fry finely chopped onions for stuffing, until soft.
- Add all the ingredients for stuffing and stir-fry until beef/lamb turns brown.
- Spread the stuffing on a tray/plate to cool down.
- For the shell, blitz beef/lamb, onion and the seasonings until smooth in the processor. Scrape it out and mix in the bowl of bulgur, like kneading dough.
- Now wet your hands, take lime-sized chunk of shell mix and roll into a bowl. Make a hole and create cavity; fill the cavity with the stuffing and pinch the ball to close the cavity. Repeat with the rest.
- Heat the oil and deep-fry them until golden brown.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dip.
- Serve Kibbeh with the dip.