- ¾ cup Bulgar wheat
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups flat leafed Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup Mint, finely chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1 cup Cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over the bulgar and cover. Leave it for 25 minutes.
- Drain excess water from the bulgar by gently pressing the grains in a strainer. Allow it to cool.
- Pour into a bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hrs. Its even better if you wait to serve until the following day.