Crisp Tofu w/Tomato Pepper Sauce
- 500 gms Silken Tofu. Diced 3 cm2
- 4 Tomatoes, diced
- 4 Spring Onions, cut 2 inches long
- 4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Shallot, finely diced
- 2 fresh Red Chilies, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 100 ml Water
- Heat the oil and fry the Tofu until they are golden brown.
- Take the tofu out and keep them on paper towels to soak the extra oil.
- Set the sauce pan over the heat and add a little oil.
- Sauté garlic, shallot and red chili until garlic turn golden.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they break down.
- Add spring onions, salt, pepper and fish sauce; add water and let it simmer for few minutes.
- When the sauce is reduced, toss in the fried tofu cubes and slowly mix into the sauce; careful not to break the tofu.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and chopped chilies.
- Serve with rice.