Creamy Beetroot Soup
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 large Beetroot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 ltr Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 100 ml Sour Cream
- 1 small bunch Fresh Dill
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups Water
- Set the large saucepan over medium heat; add oil and fry onions.
- Add diced beetroot and potato; add water and cover for a while.
- Add vegetable stock, vinegar, salt, pepper, thyme and stir well.
- Bring to boil, reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; pour into blender and mix until creamy.
- Serve hot with chopped dill and sour cream.