- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2-4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick, an inch long
- 1 Black cardamom
- 1 cup Onion, thinly sliced
- 5-6 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- 2 cups Rice, soaked
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 500 gms Chicken, bite sized pieces
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- To taste Salt
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan, when it is hot, add cloves, cinnamon and black cardamom and fry for few seconds.
- Add onion and fry till translucent.
- Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes till it is soft.
- Add garlic, tomato puree & carrot; fry for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, nutmeg powder, cumin powder and salt; fry for a minute.
- Add rice, chicken stock, black pepper powder and raisins; cook with a cover till rice is done.
- Serve hot.