- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 carrots, cut in ¼ inch rounds
- 1 fennel bulb, stalks removed and cut in bite sized pieces
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 (28 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat a large greased pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery and red pepper and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add cumin, cinnamon, ginger, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add carrots and fennel. Cover and cook for five minutes. Add the cauliflower, chickpeas, tomatoes, vegetable broth and garlic, making sure that everything is covered in liquid.
- Bring to boil, lower the heat, close the lid, simmer for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and your house smells like a Moroccan Vacation! Devour.