- 1-1.5 ounce can chickpeas, half mashed
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne, chopped
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil with chopped onions, bell peppers & garlic.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring regularly, until inions begin to soften & start to become glassy about 5 mins.
- While veggies cook, use a fork to mash about half of the chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas & the last tbsp of coconut oil to the frying pan, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in cumin, cayenne, smoked paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Stir to evenly distribute, and continue cooking several mins, until mixture is heated through.
- Toss in chopped tomatoes and shredded cabbage and cook 1-2 mins, so they slightly soften.
- Turn off the heat and serve your scramble with a slice of avocado and salsa, plus a sprinkle of chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
- Serves 2. Leftovers save well in fridge for upto 3 days.