- 1 lb chicken, washed & cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 bunch fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps ginger chopped
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp mixed spices (cloves, cardamom & cinnamon powder)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 3-4 tbsps oil
- Salt to taste
- Few sprigs of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry mixed spices and bay leaves for a minute.
- To this, add chopped green chilies, onions and fry for few minutes or until the onions are golden brown in color, stirring in between.
- Then add chopped fenugreek leaves, ginger, garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and fry until the raw smell of fenugreek leaves goes away.
- Now add chicken pieces, yogurt and mix well, cover the pan and cook on medium heat until the chicken pieces are tender and almost cooked.
- Add salt, chopped coriander leaves and little water if required. Cook for another 10 minutes on low flame.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with rice or chapattis.