- 2 green chilies
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 16 oz chicken broth
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 fresh limes
- Roast the chilies. Peel the skins, cut into half and scrape the seeds out. Chop the chilies and set aside.
- Heat the oil. Add onions.
- Heat medium-low, add rice and cook about 5 mins or until rice become opaque and brown.
- Add garlic and sauté for few moments.
- Very slowly and carefully pour chicken broth into the rice.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes and salt.
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients and bring to boil over high heat.
- Once it comes to boil, reduce heat until the rice is just simmering, cover the pot and cook for 17-19 mins over very low heat.
- After the rice is cooked, mix in the chilies and squeeze the limes over the rice and fluff it with a fork.
- Serve with a wedge of lime for garnish.