- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil; stems removed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into ¾ inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 or 2 mins, until slightly brown.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 5 mins, or until cheese is melted.