Spaghetti w/Anchovies & Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 anchovy filets
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pasta water
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water until 1 step below al dente. (The last 2 minutes of cooking should happen in the sauté pan.)
- In a medium sauté pan, add the oil ad sauté the garlic until it starts to color.
- Add the red chili flakes and anchovies breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add a half cup of pasta cooking water at a time and keep adding more as it evaporates.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and another scoop of pasta water and keep stirring. The starch and oil will create an emulsion and the sauce will start to have body.
- Add in the al dente pasta and toss for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot.